Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome to my new new blog

Being an almost first time blogger. I actually feel like I am writing in a diary or to a close girlfriend.
Slightly strange yet refreshing. I hope I don't let my would be friends down.

My name is Britta with a knick name of Glitter. Mother of 5, wife of 1, domestic goddess/ home help, not to mention all of the side jobs. Homework teacher, craft teacher once a week at the school, chef to the masses and creator of all things that sparkle in partylicious.
We live on an island right on the east coast of Australia. We have 500 avocado trees, not that i know what to do with them. This is a huge sea change for the Ford family. Having just moved from the hustle and bustle of Sydney, closing my shop that I loved because baby number 5 came along, ( Brayden)

I started Partylicious some years ago now after the need of wanting a creative output and to find something slightly different for my children's special party days. Sick of the mass produced plastic garbage I wanted a little bit of class without it screaming "Barbie" or " Thomas".

So in 2004 Partylicious was my 5th baby after just having baby number 4 Logan. As you will see over the next few posts in my very new new blog I have tried to be both creative and different. Its funny though because you think something is original and your design and then around the corner someone somewhere is also thinking they are original as well with the same idea but a slightly different colour.

Many times over the past few year I have had people copy and recreate my work, some have done it  badly and others have done it well. For the ones that have done it badly I hope know one actually thinks it was me. I am sure Amy Atlas knows what I mean. Not that I am comparing my work to the very talented Amy. Such talent should be bottled and put into a time capsule.

OK Britta enough of the babble, I hope you enjoy what you see and please email me suggestions you would like to see me create or things you have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment